Display/Kernel Driver Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200176844
Apple's GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the OS-level frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for GPU and Display devices across all of Apple's hardware. The Mac driver team is now seeking a top-notch, dedicated 3D Driver Engineer who is passionate about building innovative products, and has a strong background building high performance and production quality software on an aggressive schedule. If you want to be part of a team pushing our MacOS forward, this is the team for you!
- Multiple years of experience in UMD/KMD device driver development including development of new code and debugging existing issues
- Strong background in 3D graphics and hands-on experience with GPU programming API's
- Experience in software performance analysis, optimizations and low-level programming
- Knowledge of GPU/CPU architectures
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and execute in a self-directed environment
The team is responsible for delivering MacOS drivers supporting multiple current and next generation GPUs. You'll be responsible for engaging directly with both Apple architecture and external vendors to contribute directly to the GPU driver. Specifically, you'll be expected to partner across teams to deliver upcoming improvements to the Metal API, assist in the bring-up of new GPUs, and debug/analyze functional as well as performance issues. The ideal candidate should be passionate about understanding both the driver and the underlying GPU technology. Further the candidate should be capable and comfortable with diving into a larger existing codebase and not be afraid to move across the UMD/KMD boundary.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS, CE or similar technical degree.
- Knowledge of compilers and experience with them a plus
Back to top