Display SW Engineer, Display SW & Technologies
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Role Number: 200095653
Apple's GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices on all of Apple's hardware. The Display Software & Technologies team within GPU Software delivers the display abstraction and infrastructure software and support for Apple's macOS. We are looking for a top-notch, driven, dedicated software engineers to join our growing team. You will be a highly efficient problem solver with a passion for problem resolution, have a collaborative attitude and a track record for getting the job done. We are looking for innovators, who have a passion for groundbreaking technologies and driven to implement the best solutions.
- You will have 3+ years of system level graphics and display infrastructure development experience, superior debugging skillset, a passion for solving complex problems.
- Experience working with operating system display infrastructure and debugging
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent knowledge of system architecture
As a core member of the Display Software & Technologies team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of display software development (architecture, design, development, debug and deployment): - Own feature design, implementation, triage and delivery of display related technologies. - Partner with both internal teams and external teams on display software architecture and implementation. - Participate in driving internally and externally visible advances in the macOS display experience. - Development and triage of display technologies for new product development.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Experience with system level 2D and 3D graphicsIn depth knowledge of: display stack, display drivers, video formats, power management strategies, backlight
Back to top