Display Software Engineer - Apple Maps
Posted: Dec 5, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 114265984
What visual solutions to common problems are around the corner? How will display technologies evolve over time? What part will you play in the evolution of this technology? Join our team and you will help cultivate curated experiences which will empower Apple to build the richest and most innovative maps in the World!
- 5+ years professional software development
- Deep hands on knowledge of CSS
- Discerning and creative eye for HCI/UX/UI principles
- Passionate about engineering excellence, performance, and quality
- Understanding and ability to orchestrate core computer science concepts including OOD, performance, and refactoring
- You thrive in a collaborative environment helping to develop maps features for iOS, macOS, and watchOS
We support many teams here in Apple. Our team builds tools and provides cartographic display data for others to bring to bear Apple Maps into their solutions. Whether it's for the iOS App teams, the Watch teams, or others, on our team you will have the potential to impact millions through our products and services! As a member of our team, your activities will include: Being responsible for the overall architecture of the styling infrastructure Defining and implementing new styles for all layers of the map Improving and maintaining styling codebase to streamline future development Articulate display concepts and curate innovative and user-friendly tools which empower developers and display engineers alike Collaborate with cartographers, designers and other specialists as you take pride and ownership in delivering delightful user experiences
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science AND relevant experience is desired.
- While the following skills are not necessary, they would be helpful in understanding our space:
- Experience working with spatial datasets and curating them for use in a visual display would constitute an added bonus
- Native code experience in Objective-C, C++, or Swift
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top