Display Panel Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 17, 2019
Role Number: 200134658
Apple is looking for a highly technical Display EPM to help develop innovative displays to be adopted in award-winning Apple products. Display EPMs must be confident organizers and excellent leaders with multiple teams throughout Apple as well as with external suppliers. A successful candidate will help set strategy, execute on schedule and be responsible for leading/communicating status and issues along the way. This position demands technical strengths in many areas, including optical, mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing. We lead a large team of highly skilled engineers, so having a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, the ability to see around corners, and a passion for solving undefined problems are essential to have. As a part of the display development team, you will have the opportunity to develop new display panels from the proof-of-concept stage to mass production. You will be collaborating with highly hardworking teams and leading supplier partners.
- Strong engineering or science background
- Self-motivated with hands-on engineering skills and quick to learn new things
- Consistent track record in collaborative working environment
- Experience working with off-shore suppliers and manufacturers
- A working understanding of high volume manufacturing processes
- Knowledge and Experience with thin film processes (deposition/etch/characterization) and integration
- Experience in TFT design or process is a plus
The Display Panel EPM team defines project plans, schedules, and drives project execution. We lead internal and external multi-functional teams in engineering and validation activities. We also identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently. As part of the team, you will ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication. You will also lead development budgets and engineering builds.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Physics/Chemistry/EE/Chemical Engineering/Material Science or equivalent
- - 5+ years of display or relevant industry experience
- - Strong presentation and communication skills required.
- - Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues.
- - Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- - 3+ years of experience in flat panel display (LCD/OLED) or thin film (Semiconductor/Solar) design and/or process development and/or process integration in high volume manufacturing environment
Back to top