Display Mechanical Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200150652
Design next-generation displays for iPhones and Watch as a Mechanical Engineer in the Flat Panel Display Team. You will develop state of the art display technologies, processes, components, and modules. Act as a focal point among multiple world-class design and production teams to deliver mechanically robust displays from initial concept to mass production.
- High energy personality with a real passion for learning and attention to detail
- Excellent prioritization, multi-functional collaboration, and written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals: properties of materials, solid mechanics, beam statics, Newtonian physics, and thermodynamics
- Use of the scientific method: hypothesis development, experiment design, and drawing conclusions based on data
- Experience developing electro-mechanical designs for high-volume, reliable products
- Familiarity with multiple manufacturing techniques such as injection-molding, machining, die-cutting, etc. and materials such as plastics, metals, glass, etc.
- Experience with simulation and analysis methods (FEA, CFD, and statistical tolerance analysis)
- 3D software expertise: Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, or NX
- Willingness and ability to travel (~15% travel, primarily Asia)
- Drive the display shape based on optical, electrical, assembly process, and space constraints. - Create and refine technologies to improve the design, construction, and reliability of displays. - Provide 3D and 2D documentation for display assemblies and components. - Define mechanical and performance requirements for fit, quality, and reliability. - Make sure the requirements are met across all suppliers. - Audit factories to review assembly process, integration, and handling of displays and components at all stages to maintain quality and achieve high assembly yield. - Perform failure analysis and create detailed reports to drive solid corrective actions. - Communicate data and changes to product design, reliability, and senior management groups. - Identify open mechanical design issues and drive them to closure. - Deliver the necessary design documents and data for engineering builds and initial ramp. - Address issues from initial ramp and field returns.
Education & Experience
BSME/ MSME is required
Back to top