Display Exploration Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 6, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200147950
Apple is looking for a world class researcher to join a multi-disciplinary team exploring new display technologies. This position focuses on identifying, prototyping, characterizing, and communicating new display technologies for current and future Apple products. We are looking to add experts in optics and computational display or imaging. A successful candidate will work with cross-functional team on investigating advanced display technologies, the display architecture, prototyping, and system integration. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly motivated. The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, display engineers, software developers, human perception experts, and product design engineers. A successful candidate needs to be
- Background in displays, optics, Image computation, or physics.
- 5-10 years designing experiments in at least one of the following areas:
- Physical optics, geometrical optics, light source technology
- Computational imaging / displays
- Optical numerical modeling
- Understanding of display hardware and technologies
- Prior experience prototyping new technologies
- Capable of prototyping, metrology, conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Designing new technologies or new applications of displays. Writing software or build prototype to interact with displays, sensors, 3rd party systems. Effectively communicate the advantages, disadvantage, and risks of the device Shepard the technologies into both external supplier and internal product roadmaps Conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Optical Engineering, Imaging, EE or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in related field
Back to top