Summary Posted: May 2, 2022
Apple display engineering organization is looking for a display electrical hardware architect to work on the next generation display electronics and technologies as well as their interactions with other subsystems such as touch, audio, antenna, etc. In this role you will be architecting display sub-systems that seamlessly integrate into beautiful Apple products. Strong collaboration and interaction with cross-functional teams offer an incredible opportunity to extend technical depth and breadth as well as learning from world-class authorities in multiple disciplines spanning from EE to system, silicon, panel, mechanical, manufacturing, optical, etc. Your work will have high visibility across the company and strong influence on product definition.
* Strong math and analytical skills
* Solid EE fundamentals (analog/mixed-signal/digital design, power electronics, etc)
* Prior complex system design and/or analog/mixed-signal circuit design experience
* Prior knowledge in display and/or touch hardware and technologies is a plus
* Prior knowledge in OLED displays is preferred
* Previous experience in system modeling and integration is a plus
* Expert knowledge in Matlab and/or circuit simulation tools
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good leadership skills to lead multiple Apple and vendor efforts
* Attention to project detail and task tracking to ensure error-free and short time to market products
- Be energetic, creative and self-driven engineer with very strong analytical skills and a real passion for crafting and innovation. - Envision novel ideas, concepts and/or applications that will propel our displays to new levels of quality and power efficiency that have never been done before and allow more efficient integration into system considering coexistence with other subsystems such as touch, audio, antenna, etc. - Perform detailed technical analysis and work with interdisciplinary teams to bridge technology gap between theory and implementable hardware, develop test & methodology specifications for both pre and post silicon tape-out. - Establish performance metrics and requirements through careful use of theory, models and experiments across devices, circuits, and human perception. - Define display electrical hardware architecture including but not limited to system and panel interfaces, silicon partitioning and definition, integration with other subsystems, power on/off sequencing, display timing, connectivity and communication flows between ICs, and programmables. - Analyze trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. - Deliver high-quality and thorough documentation for specifications and prepare presentations for cross-functional teams and executives that concisely and effectively convey key messages and big picture. - Explore new display technologies from electrical architecture, integration and feasibility standpoints.
Education & Experience
PhD or MSEE or BSEE plus minimum 4 years industry experience
Summary Posted: May 2, 2022
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Apple.