Display Electrical Engineer
Posted: Feb 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200110540
As part of Apple you will continuously open up the boundaries. You can't just pick off-the-shelf components. Instead you must get creative and define them. As a member of our team, you will design and build the most advanced mobile display modules, with best in class quality and reliability. Your work will directly impact user experience for hundreds of millions of people. As an iPhone Display Hardware Engineer, you will drive projects, from concept phase, all the way through engineering builds, and into volume manufacturing. You will work cross functionally to ensure a coherent end to end solution that challenges the status quo. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of work experience, with system architecture, hands on design experience, component selection, schematics, PCB layout.
- Experience working with cross functional teams (FW, SW, Diags, System HW, Optical).
- Experience with electronic component failure analysis using diagnostic equipment including: oscilloscope, X-ray, CT, TDR, thermal camera.
- Experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Experience supporting volume ramp, shipping to end users, and debugging field returns.
- Experience with with data acquisition and test equipment (Oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc)
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Define module architecture, and work with internal and/or external resources to implement the design. - Define validation requirements: functional verification, signal characterization, power test, and system coexistence testing. - Lead vendor communication and ensuring requirements are met. - Work with cross functional teams (FW, SW, Diags, System HW, Optical) to ensure a smooth module integration into the system. - Support builds in region to support new hardware bring-up and debugging. - Influence custom silicon architecture and IP blocks.
Education & Experience
BSEE 3 years + industry experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- - MSEE, or 5 years of work experience.
- - Consumer electronics.
- - Display technology, such as LCD, OLED, plasma, DLP, LCOS, e-paper.
- - Embedded systems and various communication protocols (example: SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI, DSI, DP).
Back to top