Display EE Architect/Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 7, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200109876
Apple display engineering organization is looking for an excellent display electrical architect to work on the next generation of display and backlight applications. In this role you will be architecting display sub-systems consisting of panel and backlight modules that seamlessly integrate into beautiful Apple products and interact with various other sub-systems. Strong collaboration and interaction with cross-functional teams offer an incredible opportunity to learn from world-class authorities in multiple disciplines spanning from EE to system, mechanical, manufacturing, optical, etc.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Solid EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, power architecture, etc)
- Prior complex system or custom silicon design experience
- Expert knowledge in Python, Matlab and/or C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good leadership skills to lead multiple Apple and vendor efforts
- Attention to project detail and task tracking to ensure error-free and short time to market products
- Need to be energetic, creative and self-driven engineer/researcher with very strong analytical skills and a real passion for crafting and innovation. - Ability to envision novel ideas, concepts and/or applications that will propel our displays to new levels of quality and power efficiency that have never been done before. - Perform detailed technical analysis and work with interdisciplinary teams to bridge technology gap between theory and implementable SW and/or HW, develop test & methodology specifications for both pre and post silicon tape-out. - Need to be comfortable working with embedded systems environments, require creative thinking on HW emulation platforms, and need to obsess on the customer visual experience. - Analyze trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. - Deliver high-quality and thorough documentation for specifications and prepare presentations for cross-functional teams and executives that concisely and effectively convey key messages and big picture. - Efficiently coordinate multiple internal teams and vendor meetings.
Education & Experience
PhD plus minimum 3 years experience or MSEE plus minimum 5 years experience
- - FPGA and/or embedded uC prototyping
- - Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscope, AWG, etc.
- - Digital signal processing and numerical analysis methods
Back to top