Display Driver Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209611
Apple's GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Our responsibilities encompass the OS-level frameworks, GPU drivers, developer tools for GPU and Display devices across Apple's hardware.
- Proven programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Experience working with operating system display infrastructure and debugging.
- Experience with systems engineering or low-level hardware & firmware/ driver programming
- Software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- knowledge of system architecture
The Graphics and Display Acceleration team within GPU Software delivers the display abstraction and infrastructure software for Apple's macOS. We are looking for a software engineer who is a highly efficient problem solver with a collaborative attitude and a track record for getting the job done. As a core member of the Graphics and Display Acceleration team you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of display software development (architecture, design, development, debug and deployment): Own feature design, implementation, triage and delivery of display related technologies. Partner with both internal teams and external teams on display software architecture and implementation. Participate in driving internally and externally visible advances in the macOS display experience. Development and triage of display technologies for new product development.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or Equivalent Experience.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Experience with system level 2D and 3D graphics
- HW bring up and debugging is a plus
- knowledge of display stack, display drivers, video formats, power management strategies, or backlight
Back to top