Display Architecture Algorithms - Platform Architecture
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 28, 2021
Role Number: 200103022
Apple's Platform Architecture team is at the center of Apple's products, defining innovative hardware technologies and SoC architectures to help deliver amazing products. The Platform Architecture Display team is responsible for defining solutions that deliver the best image quality from content creation to photons emitting from our displays. The team's goal is to provide the most perceptual pleasing, colorimetric precise visual experience under all ambient viewing conditions using Apple's own leading edge algorithms and display technologies. This is accomplished by integrating the knowledge of color science, signal processing, pixel design along with efficient image processing architectures to provide the best in class image quality and performance. At Apple, our Platform architecture team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation! In this highly visible role, we will work with media , SoC architects and other technology teams throughout Apple to help develop and validate these media pipeline architectures across all Apple's key products. Come join our team!
- Excellent knowledge of digital signal processing and its applications to image processing
- Excellent understanding of image quality metrics, and experience performing objective and subjective image quality analysis.
- Good SW engineering and programming skills in C/C++ and scripting languages, such as Python.
- Experience with automating workflows.
- Experience with either software testing or hardware design verification
- Experience in the semiconductor industry preferred
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for understanding the end-to-end leading edge image processing algorithms that defines our media pipeline architectures. You will be responsible for creating bit-accurate models of these image processing solutions, developing tools and test strategies to validate image quality and performance, uncovering challenging issues and finally participating in developing novel algorithmic solutions to these challenging issues.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in signal processing/image processing preferred
Back to top