- Austin, TX
Posted: Nov 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200149488
Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Carrier Services offer seamless integration of Apple Retail Stores and Apple Online store with major US Carriers for iPhone activations. If you are a DevOps engineer who is passionate about problem solving, come join us in modernization of our infrastructure using the latest cloud based technologies! We work with a wide range of systems and tools including Messaging systems (RabbitMQ and Kafka), Big data (Cassandra ), CI-CD (Jenkins and Ansible), Containerization (docker), Orchestration (Kubernetes) to name a few.
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services.
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Chef or similar infrastructure as code tools.
- Good experience working with Docker, Kubernetes.
- In-depth knowledge of Jenkins or similar Continuous Integration tools.
- Good hands on experience on Python, bash, or any other scripting language.
- Good working experience with Git, branching strategies etc.
- Good working experience with Linux OS.
- Solid understanding of load balancing concepts and hands on experience working on load balancers (Citrix or Nginx).
- Solid understanding with messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.
- Good command on mutual authentication, networking concepts, DNS, ACls and vips.
- Ability to lead, design and develop scalable softwares while working with other teams.
- Experience with modern web services architectures.
- Knowledge of a programming language like Java is a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, software development and debugging skills.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
- Should be comfortable working in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Should be able to lead a small team of 4-5 members.
This role demands extensive hands on experience of working as a devOps engineer for a big, business critical application. In addition to DevOps tools, the candidate should have good understanding of networking and load balancing concepts and should be able to lead a small team and come up with innovative solutions. The candidate should be self motivated, capable of taking business critical decisions and should be comfortable working in a dynamic, ever changing environment
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Back to top