Development Manager, Channel Partner Solutions
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Role Number: 200199734
Apple's Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple's Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to customers all over the world. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We work with the best designers to develop and deliver the right technology for best in class that our engineering teams deliver on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun and celebrating our accomplishments along the way. Beyond the customer experiences, the Technology teams in Marcom are responsible for architectures, application platforms, development tools and infrastructures delivered to customers on www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com) and other partner websites. We are looking for a Development Manager for our front-end development team that supports Apple's channel retail partners. This role focuses on delivering applications and tools for external partner web sites, ads, and in-store demonstrations. This position requires strong understanding and genuine passion for software development. Ideally, you are hands on in research and will be working with others to design and build the necessary technical approaches to best suit the solutions. You have an eye on best practices while leading creative problem solving on technology projects. This role is critical in the support of Apple's brand by working with the teams taking our technology solutions to the next phase of evolution.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional software development experience with back-end and front-end development teams working on web application projects.
- Minimum of 5 years leading application development as a Manager, Sr Tech Lead or Architect role for applications and/or tools for developers.
- Knowledge, ideas and experience designing and developing engineering teams to reach their potential.
- Demonstrated background developing technical plans for solutions that are efficient in delivery and support in ease and cost.
- Ability to align tech approaches and investments to business goal and size technical efforts accurately with partners.
- Knowledge and leadership on partner alliances, Agile principles, project management and collaboration across multi-functional teams.
- Dedicated problem-solver who can take initiative and work in a fast paced environment, quickly address issues with teams and handle multiple, rapid release cycles.
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with an attitude of collaboration.
- Manage teams with two support areas: in-store applications and web based html deployments. - Partner with internal and external partners for planning, execution, and support tactics. - Influential participant in architectural designs and team execution to meet business requirements and technical strategies. - Lead and participate in proof-of-concept projects to vet technology choices and approaches. - Document and present findings, research and engineering plans with partners and stakeholders. - Establish development relationships across other Apple engineering teams in concert with tech strategies. - Assist in mentoring and coaching tech leads and developers to enhance careers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Back to top