Design Verification Engineer: Analog & Mixed Signal
Posted: Jan 22, 2019
Role Number: 200001355
Did you know that Apple is hiring analog verification engineers? We are looking for engineers that are enthusiastic to find bugs! You can work with a creative team to craft test plans and enable production-quality first silicon. The IP to be verified includes bucks, boosts, buck-boosts, charge pumps, chargers, or LDOs at both the top chip and IP levels. In addition, you will verify IP related to power management, such as mixed signal circuits, switch-cap, filters, data converters, references, input-output circuits, and clock circuits just to name a few. Daily work involves verification of mixed signal IC designs using a combination of analog circuits and Verilog RTL in the same simulation. The role will enable bug-free initial silicon in preparation for production. Responsibilities include all phases of pre-silicon verification from early discussions with architects, reviewing specifications, writing verification plans, running simulations, triaging issues, and reviewing results with the team.
- Do the following qualifications match your background? We usually look for at least 3 years of experience in industry for production integrated circuits.
- Possess the ability to verify analog/mixed-signal designs in a collaborative work environment
- Experience with developments in hardware descriptive languages: Verilog, System-Verilog, and/or Verilog-AMS code.
- Having the capability to write analog assertion checks to catch bugs
- Possess sufficient analog IC background to identify failure possibilities, work through first order debug, and analyze analog verification results
- Ability to write test plans, present results, and communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Submit simulation jobs through network computing clusters and manage both simulation clock and wall clock required to finish the verification plan.
- We look for someone that understands both power management and related auxiliary circuitry: switching converters, linear converters, reference circuitry, band-gaps, data converters, and/or clock generators.
- Have a familiarity with verification methodologies and tools: simulators, waveform viewers, execution automation, coverage collection, gate level simulations Experience developing scalable and portable test benches
- A background that includes scripting or programming languages is preferred. These include, but are not limited to, TCL, Skill, Python, and/or PERL.
- Your familiarity with analog behavioral models is also a plus.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring high quality silicon for IC chips and IPs. The workflow starts with careful review of specifications followed by crafting of a verification plan and schedule. Then the verification is executed according to plan to support tapeout. •Execution of verification plans from beginning to end: test bench and environment bring-up, regressions, failure debug, and tape-out •Develop detailed test and coverage plans based on IC specifications •Develop verification methodology suitable for the IP, ensuring scalability and portability •Develop verification environment, including stimuli, checkers, assertions, trackers, and coverage •Sign-off mixed signal designs in preparation for tapeout.
Education & Experience
•A master of science degree in electrical or computer engineering is preferred.
Back to top