Design Evangelist, Worldwide Developer Relations
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200195958
We are seeking a Design Evangelist for the Worldwide Developer Relations team. As a member of Apple's Evangelism team, you'll work closely with 3rd-party developers by sharing clear and impactful design feedback about current or future apps and the adoption of new features. Applying your experience, creativity, and ability to communicate clearly, directly and persuasively, you'll help developers refine their app designs to be more intuitive, beautiful, and delightful. This role offers a unique opportunity to influence how people experience the latest Apple hardware and software capabilities. You'll collaborate with developers from around the world to find new ways for people to learn, work, connect, and create. The guidance you provide and ideas you share will directly impact the quality of apps enjoyed by millions of people every day. You possess a passion for design, have deep experience designing for one or more Apple platforms, and a proven ability to quickly understand and demonstrate new technologies in your work. You have strong communication and people skills since you'll be presenting in public, collaborating cross-functionally within Apple, and working side by side with developers every day.
- 5+ years interaction, visual and/or product design
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with iOS app design
- Strong understanding of app development process and Apple frameworks
- Critical eye for attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Possess a professional and credible demeanor
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Motivated, proactive, outgoing, and comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- Diverse industry experience
- Prepared to travel worldwide
In this role you will work directly with 3rd-party developers to create outstanding apps across macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS. You'll be deeply familiar with key technologies such as SiriKit, Siri Shortcuts, HomeKit, Apple Pay, ARKit, CoreML, HealthKit, widgets, and app clips and able to assist developers in adopting them successfully. You will be expected to provide sound advice on a wide range of design matters including layout, typography, information architecture, color, iconography, gestural behaviors, animation, and interface copy. You will contribute to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, work with internal engineering and design teams to advocate for the requirements of 3rd-party developers, plan and coordinate design sessions for Apple's annual Worldwide Developer Conference, and more.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or equivalent in Human Computer Interaction Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- This role based in Santa Clara Valley, CA.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top