Depth Module Design Lead - SPG
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Role Number: 200155442
The Special Projects Group at Apple is currently seeking an extraordinary hardware engineer with broad skills to lead the systems-level analysis, design, and development of short-range depth cameras for autonomous systems. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable solutions, we may be the team for you.
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas. Ability to lead teams and take responsibility for project success is a requirement. The ideal candidate will have expertise and significant experience in multiple areas listed below, and have some familiarity / experience with all areas:
- Design and test of high-performance imaging optical systems.
- Image quality evaluation including test charts, algorithms, and lighting.
- Mechanical design and tolerance analysis of highly constrained, highly reliable designs as well as image sensor design and characterization.
- Electronic circuit design and test.
- Digital design, signal processing, and power-supply development.
- Manufacturing processes and testing of high-precision, high-volume modules.
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB, JMP, or other mathematical software.
The primary responsibility for this role is design and delivery of depth sensing modules, from concept through production ramp. Heavy interaction with multidisciplinary design teams (electrical, mechanical, process, test firmware, software, and operations) requires the ability to understand a wide breadth of engineering and technical principles. Responsibilities include: - Cross-functional leadership of optical, electrical, and mechanical design teams to develop and integrate depth hardware. - Concept definition, design, and detailed trade studies for laser projectors, camera optics, sensors, and module packaging. - Documentation of module-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements. - Leadership of full module lifecycle requirements (module design evaluation, prototype builds, and qualification). - Leadership of depth module test definition and validation in Apple labs and at manufacturing sites. - Detailed failure analysis of any issues affecting functionality and module performance. - Frequent reporting to executive and cross-functional teams on module development status. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Education & Experience
Masters or higher degree in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics or equivalent) plus a minimum 5 years of industry experience.
Back to top