Depth Hardware Laser Safety Engineer
Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Role Number: 200041608
Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- This role requires ability to learn and explore new areas quickly and take responsibility for project success amid high ambiguity. Ability to work/lead/communicate in a highly matrixed/dynamic environment is a requirement. Ideal applicant will have direct experience in 4-5 of the areas listed below and have some knowledge of the others.
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Design Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (D-FMEA) of complex systems.
- Laser safety classifications and specifications (IEC 60825-1 etc.).
- Hardware/software fail-safe mechanisms design.
- High volume manufacturing of consumer electronics (optical preferred).
- Expertise in manufacturing statistics/ Monte Carlo.
- Optical simulation tools such as Matlab, LightTools, etc.
- Design, setup and conduct complex optical experiments.
- C++, C#, Mat Lab, JMP or Python programming for equipment control, automated data collection and analysis.
- Strong training in physics and analytical thinking.
The Depth Hardware group at Apple develops depth-sensing hardware such as the revolutionary True-Depth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers are responsible for architecture, research, and manufacturing development of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. The Depth Hardware team is seeking a Depth Hardware Laser Safety Lead for enabling laser safety for laser based optical modules for depth applications.
Education & Experience
Degree in Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering 5+ years of industry experience in development and high volume deployment of electro-optical modules
Back to top