Posted: May 1, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking a proven data solutions architect to join the Manufacturing Systems and Infrastructure Data Quality Management team. Apple is a data-centric company where many critical decisions are made based on data. The completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data has huge implication to our decision- making. Every shipped Apple product undergoes rigorous testing at our factories to ensure the best customer experience. The MSI team handles the collection and reporting of all manufacturing test data.
- Solid experience (10+ years) with enterprise Data solution initiatives (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship, and data governance)
- Developed and implemented data standards, best practices and procedures that directly lead to improvements in data quality and overall data integrity.
- Strong experience in implementation and bringing solutions, systems, and processes to enterprise grade.
- Very strong (10+ years) SQL experience writing queries within large-scale database environments.
- Working experience in Big Data and Cloud Infra environments. Experience with any one Hive, Druid, Hbase and Snowflake.
- Proficient in using Python for scripting and automation.
- Generating and reporting using Tableau dashboards.
- Perform statistical tests on large datasets to determine data anomalies and integrity issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proven relationship building and ability to effectively influence peers and
- Self-starter and able to seek out new problems then develop and implement solutions
- Able to develop and present complex problems in a simple way.
- Ability to quickly switch between details and the big picture.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, adept at clearly articulating to management and business users.
- Post-pandemic travel 10-15% and work hour flexibility required in this dynamic, global position.
We are looking for a solutions-oriented data solutions architect with strong functional knowledge and hands on experience in building data quality and governance solutions. You will be working with structured and unstructured datasets, diving into data forensics, responsible for end-to-end planning and execution of a comprehensive, enterprise strategy to achieve and maintain the level of data quality needed to support Apple Operations business goals. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to make a big impact on a very challenging problem. • Lead the data quality strategy, requirements, design, execution, and communication of an enterprise grade data quality platform. • Identify inefficiencies, process gaps and areas for improvement in existing systems, processes, and methods, and apply your technical and functional expertise to optimize them using industry best practices. • The scope of this role includes all facets of manufacturing data lifecycle, from factory data ingestion processes to data validation strategies. • Lead evaluation of very large datasets across various data quality dimensions and propose technical and process guidelines and solutions. • Engage with product, test and assembly teams to understand product data needs and enable business data teams to own, monitor and manage quality of their data. • Partner and understand business data quality needs from operations data owners and stakeholders, define data quality metrics and establish an enterprise view of data quality to bring focus and attention to highest priority data issues. • Understand and articulate implications of factory processes on data completeness and accuracy. • Ensure business reporting and analytical ML solutions leveraging data from controlled datasets are accurate and consistent. • Design data quality plan and drive cross-functional support for implementation. • Foster data-driven culture and set up processes to automatically detect data quality issues. • Ensure business reporting and analytical ML solutions leveraging data from controlled datasets are accurate and consistent. • Develop reports and dashboards.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems. Masters preferred.