Posted: May 13, 2019
Role Number: 200060256
We're idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards bright, creative thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. The News Engineering team is looking for a highly experienced Data Scientist who will focus on applied research, exploratory analysis and development of innovative components to grow engagement of users, specifically in the areas of predictive behavior and life cycle analytics.
- You will be a versatile problem solver, equipped with strong analytical and quantitative skills suited to approach various kinds of challenges in complex environments.
- Adept at creative and critical thinking, you are able to deconstruct problems and transform personal insights into data backed recommendations.
- You are a self starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a technical orientation.
- You should have strong coding skills and hands-on Big Data experience
- You should be proficient in writing code in one of the following languages: C++, R, Java, Python, Perl, in addition to Hadoop experience (MapReduce, Hive, Spark SQL), and R, SQL
- You will have strong product intuition, data analysis skills and business presentation skills
- You are capable of working with large sets of data using a variety of tools
- You have knowledge and experience in implementing and developing customer life cycle predictive models, data structures and interactive tools to improve product
- You are delivery-oriented, able to lead and execute modeling efforts from start to finish
- You are expected to lead customer life cycle predictive modeling function, should be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Of course, you are a great teammate with excellent interpersonal skills, and a self starter
Design, develop and manage big data-driven predictive models to solve for product experience and improve user engagement using the latest technologies in machine learning, user pattern recognition, and data modeling. Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to user behavior signals. Identify new engagement patterns through data mining Conduct hypothesis driven exploratory analysis, build feature engineering, design best structure and select the most appropriate modeling techniques which include a variety of machine learning models. Develop, validate, and maintain advanced lifecycle events based predictive models, tools and other capabilities. Collaborate with product, engineering, business, and science groups to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data mining techniques. Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using tools such as Spark SQL. Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior management.
Education & Experience
Minimum of Masters degree in the fields of Computer Science, Statistics, Predictive Analytics, or Applied Mathematics, PhD preferred. Minimum of 5 years of Data Science experience is required.
Back to top