Data Science Manager, Experimentation, Insights, Analytics
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 10, 2020
Weekly Hours: 38
Role Number: 200197383
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple's advertising and marketing to ensure the precise development and execution of world-class communications. We believe that design matters. We're looking for a leader for our experimentation team who can build out this discipline for Marcom, thereby taking our existing testing program to greater heights. This role requires both the business savvy to spot opportunities, working with our partners to do so, as well as the technical skills to ensure that tests are set up and analyzed to the highest level of analytical rigor. A/B testing on Apple websites, as well as holistic optimization across both the site and DM, will be the chief responsibility of this role right out of the gate, but our ambitions span multiple touch points including Apple's retail and carrier partner sites. This is a unique opportunity to combine art and science to ensure that we stay true to Apple's design ethic but also directly drive business results from our site.
- Master's, MBA, or PhD degree with quantitative emphasis (e.g. statistics, mathematics, econometrics, analytics, data science).
- 10+ years of recent experience in Data Scientist or Data Analyst role; preferably with experience supporting large, multi-national marketing or e-commerce organizations.
- Expertise with statistics, hypothesis testing, and scripting languages / mathematical software (e.g. R, Python, SAS, MATLAB) highly desirable, but not required. Expertise with SQL is a must.
- Confirmed collaboration, communication, and storytelling skills with ability to communicate complex analyses in a clear, detailed, and actionable manner to senior executives.
- Excellent time management skills to operate with tight deadlines and balance the pressure of product launches and executive requests.
Core responsibilities cover three pillars: LEADERSHIP: Build and lead Marcom Optimization Program; establish shared vision and roadmap for A/B tests, usability studies, and deep-dive analyses to increase site traffic, engagement, and conversion. Lead cross-functional team of Marketers, Brand Managers, Producers, and Creatives to develop business goals and KPIs for Apple.com. Provide mentorship and career development to Data Science team; inspire team to embody Marcom's highest analytics standards - strong business insights coupled with exceptional storytelling, visualizations, and presentation design. EXPERIMENTATION: Partner closely with Marcom Leadership, UX, Design, and Dev to prioritize and execute experiments that drive key business decisions. Serve as A/B testing subject-matter expert; guide brainstorming, proposal development, statistical analyses, presentations, and program management. Explore more advanced statistical techniques to improve the speed and efficiency of Marcom A/B tests (e.g. bootstrapping for results analysis, continuous monitoring through Bayesian hypothesis testing, multi-armed bandit algorithms). INSIGHTS AND ANALYTICS: Bolster strategic Marcom initiatives by delivering actionable insights on shoppability, traffic sources, customer journeys, visitor engagement (and more). Build self-service dashboards and reports for Marcom stakeholders to monitor the performance of Apple products and services.
Education & Experience
Master's, MBA, or PhD degree with quantitative emphasis (e.g. statistics, mathematics, econometrics, analytics, data science).
Back to top