Data Engineer for Data Science, Analytics, Apple Media Products
Posted: Jun 26, 2019
Role Number: 200074889
Apple Media Products Analytics Engineering is looking for a data engineer to help uncover insights into customer experiences on products such as the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Arcade.
- Experience with Spark SQL and Hadoop environments
- Experience with Python and/or Scala on Spark
- Experience with notebooks based Data Science workflow (Jupyter)
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Solid documentation and technical writing skills
The Apple Media Products Analytics team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on petabytes of user and device generated data. From this data we're looking to gain a deep understanding of our customers so we can drive improvements in our music, app and video products. You will be responsible for helping data scientists develop complex data pipelines, using machine learning algorithms and visualizations to uncover insights from our data. The ideal candidate is driven, curious and a team player - you enjoy solving problems and helping your team achieve its goals in a timely and efficient manner.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- • Proficiency with source control systems (Git)
- • Experience with analytics SQL databases (Teradata, Vertica)
- • Experience with logging, telemetry and monitoring tools such as Splunk is a plus
- • Experience working with a Cloud based development environment a plus
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top