Data Analytics Site Reliability Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200177362
At Apple, our Data Analytics team focuses on improving the user experience by improving operating system stability, gathering feature usage telemetry, and evaluating device performance. This requires capturing data from customers who have given consent, utilizes strong privacy preserving techniques, and entails aggregating information, all to help inform direction. We develop and operate a variety of Big Data infrastructure products and applications in support of these goals.
- 5+ years of production experience supporting large scale distributed Big Data applications (from development to production)
- Extensive data pipeline troubleshooting skills
- Strong scripting language experience
- Linux systems administration knowledge
- Systems and application performance monitoring. (Key KPIS, tools and implementation)
- Configuration management experience (Systems and Application level)
- Experience with workflow management tools: Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, etc.
- Distributed database administration (Impala, Vertica, Cassandra)
- Big Data application troubleshooting (Spark, MapReduce, YARN)
- CI/CD Pipeline development and DevOps methodology experience
- Hadoop HDFS/MapReduce administration
- Messaging infrastructure administration (Kafka)
- Experience building and managing ETL pipelines from inception to production rollout.
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer to be a member of our team. If working on large scale problems excites you then we're excited to talk to you! Our team helps Apple engineers answer mission critical questions about their hardware, firmware, and software. We work with engineers across Apple to help keep our suite of analytics applications available and to ensure the integrity of their data. As a member of the team you'll be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. You'll help bridge the gap between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Build, monitor, troubleshoot complex data infrastructure at the petabyte scale
- - Support the continuous development and deployment of multi service analytics applications
- - Develop tools and processes to automate the management of our systems and data
Back to top