Custom Silicon Management Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Role Number: 200001459
Do you have silicon/chip development background? Would you like to take the next step in your career and use your technical skills in a multi-functional leadership role? Do you aspire to contribute to key silicon technologies used in all Apple products? Come to Apple and work within a dynamic team to deliver a broad range of silicon products/technologies from definition through production. This is a phenomenal opportunity to engage in leading edge technologies and contribute to new Apple products year after year. Apple is looking for Semiconductor/Silicon engineering professionals with strong leadership ability to ensure that our vendor custom silicon designs meet the technical, quality and schedule requirements for Apple products. In this Engineering Program Management (EPM) position, you will be working closely with a top-tier EPM team with many years' experience to learn how Apple delivers technology and how we execute state of the art silicon that drive our products. This team drives key leading industry suppliers across the globe through the full silicon design cycle from initial concept, through implementation, validation and qualification to mass production for our Custom Silicon Management (CSM) team. You will utilize your technical expertise and design background, along with effective program / project management skills, to drive program schedules and resolve technical issues that enable on-time quality silicon delivery to Apple's state of the art products. Apple delivers products with our top quality standards because of people like you.
- At least 4-7 years of experience in silicon engineering background.
- Familiar with the silicon product cycle from concept to delivery.
- Experience working in a dynamic engineering environment applying real-time crisis management skills.
- Understanding of hardware and software integration challenges.
- Committed to owning/driving project development using well-defined metrics.
- Excellent communicator and teammate with the ability to work effectively with teams with dynamic strengths and abilities across multiple locations.
- Program Management experience is a plus.
• Drive silicon development to enable HW Technologies for all Apple products. • Manage silicon issues with multi-functional teams at Apple and vendors that include Design, Verification, Validation, Process Technology, Packaging, Quality and Reliability, System Hardware and Core Software. • Work as part of a Program Management team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on-time silicon to meet daring product schedules. • Drive vendor processes to guarantee high quality silicon definition and timely execution. • Support high-level timeline execution within a dynamic core technology design team. • Focus design teams on meeting schedule and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right resources to resolve issues with emphasis on data-driven decisions. • Drive focused technical sessions with suppliers to track and follow up on issues. • Deliver highly focused and detailed issue reporting, bug tracking and communication of program risks and status. • Willing to travel to vendor sites, as needed.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Master's Degree is an advantage.
Back to top