Summary Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Imagine what you could do here at Apple? Together we could help craft the next generation of the world's finest devices. New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Display and Touch Silicon (DTS) team is searching for a self-motivating engineer for the role of Custom Logic and Mixed-signal Design engineer. As a member of the DTS team, we will be working on the leading-edge technology to build best-in-class custom mixed-signal designs used to connect our world-class products to the world as well as optimizing their performance. You will become part of a development team that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. The right candidate will thrive in this type of environment. You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
* The ideal candidate will have minimum of 3 years of industry experience and possess the following qualifications:
* Experience in transistor- and gate-level custom logic design.
* Experience in transistor- and gate-level static timing and noise analysis.
* Experience in mixed-signal design such as PLL and SerDes is a plus.
* Experience in SRAM design is a plus.
* Experience with NanoTime, PrimeTime, and Tempus STA tools is a plus.
* Proficiency in circuit modeling and simulation, including SPICE models and worst-case corner selection.
* Good understanding of tool algorithms for noise glitch, cross-talk delay, and margining with OCV / AOCVM / POCV.
* Familiarity with synthesis, logic equivalence, DFT, and backend related methodologies and tools.
* Familiarity with ECO techniques and implementation is a plus.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* MSEE or PhD is required.
In this role, you will develop custom logic and mixed-signal designs in custom chips, and perform back-end analysis such as timing and noise. You will work closely with analog/mixed-signal designers, and cross-functional teams at the silicon and module levels. Responsibilities includes: • Work with cross-functional teams and perform feasibility study on custom design chips, define and document design specification • Design and characterize transistor- and gate-level custom logic circuits in mixed-signal chips • Custom design timing closure ownership throughout the entire project cycle • Perform block- and chip-level static timing and noise analysis • Assist RTL and custom design teams on timing changes and propose correct-by-construction designs and methodologies. • Assist design verification and DFT team to debug functional and testing issues. • Assist CAD in developing and maintaining methodologies and flows related to timing verification and closure
Education & Experience
Summary Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Apple.