CSM Digital Sensors Lead
- Austin, TX
Posted: Jun 3, 2019
Role Number: 200065599
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We have an extraordinary opportunity for senior level engineers to drive and lead technical engagements between Apple and silicon and IP suppliers working on groundbreaking technologies. The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all Apple products including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AppleTV, and Mac. We are seeking a remarkable Digital Design Lead to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of sensor solutions.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of digital design experience in complex ASIC's in various process nodes including deep sub-micron technologies.
- The applicant should have experience in multiple tape-outs with a majority of the tape-outs reaching MP with first silicon.
- 3+ years of experience in leading digital design teams.
- Experience in driving continuous improvements in digital design methodology to achieve high quality first silicon.
- Hands-on experience with FPGA emulation, silicon bring-up, characterization and debug.
- Experience with Digital Filters and DSP architecture is highly desired.
- Experience with mixed signal design is highly desired.
- Able to work across geographical boundaries to resolve architectural and implementation challenges with an eye towards schedule.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will be responsible to assist in architecture, implementation, verification, emulation and validation of custom silicon, including: - Manage trade-off's between requirements and system needs. - Help improve engineering requirement specification documents for custom silicon. - Work with internal teams to assure that documentation contains clear achievable requirements. - Work with external vendors in developing micro-architecture, implementation, verification and emulation. - Drive vendor's methodology to meet Apple standards. - Target to achieve bug free first silicon to meet bold product schedules.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD preferred.
- Some Travel Required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top