CSM Analog Sensors Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 1, 2018
Role Number: 200006746
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We have an extraordinary opportunity for senior level engineers to drive and lead technical engagements between Apple and silicon and IP suppliers working on groundbreaking technologies. The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV. We are looking for a remarkable Analog Design Lead to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of sensor solutions.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of experience leading analog and mixed-signal silicon for complex system designs:
- Proven understanding of Analog & Digital Design fundamentals, design tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated industry-leading design expertise required.
- Experience taking projects from the concept phase, through product ramp and mass production.
- Full depth knowledge of key analog blocks such as current mirrors, high resolution DAC, high resolution ADC, Phase Locked Loops, Delay Locked Loops, Oscillators, Trans-Impedance Amplifiers, and LDOs.
- Deep understanding of power, error and noise budgeting with respect to circuit implementation and topology trade-offs.
- Knowledge and experience in working on various IC process technologies, mixed signal design flows, reliability design rules, ESD and latch-up testing.
- Experience with industrial standards and practices in appropriate technologies. Work experience with high-volume manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Design management experience preferred.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. As a part of the team responsible for the delivery of high-quality, on-time silicon, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of silicon design: - Working with the Systems and Platform teams to establish silicon requirements. - Leading efforts to develop, integrate, characterize, and test silicon. - Delivering first revision production worthy silicon per system requirements, on schedule. - Driving continuous improvements in analog design methodology to achieve high quality first silicon. - Working collaboratively with vendors to manage the development of new process technologies and next-generation architectures and circuit designs. - Ensuring designs are properly verified, validated, and tested for long-term reliability. - Managing schedules and supporting multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD preferred.
- Some Travel Required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top