CSM Analog Power Design Lead
- Austin, TX
Posted: Jun 1, 2019
Role Number: 200065603
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We have an extraordinary opportunity for senior level engineers to drive and lead technical engagements between Apple and silicon and IP suppliers working on groundbreaking technologies. The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV. Apple is looking for a remarkable Power Management Analog Design Lead to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of mobile power solutions.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of experience with proven track record of developing leading power management integrated solutions implemented in silicon for the mobile market with the following experience:
- Deep understanding of power topologies such as buck, boost, buck-boost, charge pumps, LDOs.
- Deep understanding of control architectures such as current mode, voltage mode, and hysteretic mode for applications include DC/DC converters, LED drivers, battery management circuits, LDOs, temperature sensors.
- Deep understanding of semiconductor device physics, device safe-operating area (SOA), and power transistors used for high frequency switching. Solid understanding of DC/DC power converter modeling techniques utilizing any of the following simulation tools such as MatLab, Simplis, PSIM, or Spectre.
- Understanding of Analog IC circuit design as it relates to power conversion architecture requirements, design tools and methodologies such circuit blocks include bandgap references, op amps, OTAs, bias circuits, comparators, oscillators, DACs, ADCs, level-shifters, switching power stages, LDOs, charge pumps, glue logic Key parameters include voltage and current accuracy, load and line transient response, DC gain, bandwidth, phase and gain margin, slew rate, efficiency, offset, PSRR, CMRR, noise, propagation delay, input and output common mode range, supply headroom.
- Experience working in a team environment on mixed signal ICs that integrate power management circuits, ADCs, DACs, and digital state machines is strongly preferred with demonstrated industry- leading design expertise required.
- Experience taking projects from the concept phase, through chip architecture, writing electrical specifications, process technology selection, die size estimation, managing schedules, IC design, layout supervision, layout extraction and verification, DRCs, LVS, LVL, mask and wafer fabrication monitoring, ATE lab correlation, corner lot characterization analysis, hands-on lab evaluation, release to production, yield improvement, and failure analysis support.
- Knowledge of board level considerations, including component selection, PCB layout, packaging technologies and thermal analysis.
- Knowledge of IC process technologies, reliability design rules, ESD and latch-up testing.
- Knowledge about industrial standards and practices in appropriate technologies.
- Work experience with high volume manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Design management experience with multi-functional teams preferred.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. As a key member of the team responsible for the delivery of high-quality, on-time silicon, that span all aspects of power management architectural design and topologies, you will: • Work with Systems and Platform teams to establish silicon requirements. • Lead efforts that develop, integrate, characterize, and test devices that include power regulators, chargers, backlight drivers, boost converters. • Deliver first revision functional silicon and production worthy silicon per system requirements, on schedule. • Work with external vendors to ensure state-of-the-art design practices, methodologies and processes are in place to produce quality results. • Work collaboratively with vendors to manage the development of new process technologies and next-generation architectures and circuit designs. • Ensure designs are properly verified, validated, and tested for long-term reliability. • Support multi-functional engineering teams for system validation and mass production approval.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD preferred.
- Some travel required.
Back to top