CPU Power RTL Architect
- Austin, TX
Posted: Nov 19, 2020
Role Number: 200030993
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Apple's Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) designs high-performance, low power microprocessors that power the iPhone and iPad. We are looking for an experienced technical leader to guide and direct world-class CPU power management solutions.
- Microarchitecture development and specification - from early high-level architectural exploration, through microarchitectural research and arriving at a detailed specification.
- RTL ownership - development, assessment and refinement of RTL design to target power, performance, area and timing goals.
- Design delivery - work with multi-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design on the aspects of timing, area, reliability, testability and power.
- Knowledge of Verilog and/or VHDL.
- Experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools.
As a member of the RTL and architecture team, the responsibilities would be in the refinement of solutions in the following areas: • Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS/DVFM) • Advanced thermal and energy management • Power state definition and management • Dynamic clocking solutions • Di/dt mitigation strategies • Micro-architecture strategies for improved power integrity • Debug solutions • Error handling • Reset control • Clock generation and asynchronous clock crossing strategies
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required. Master's or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering is preferred.
Back to top