CPU Power Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 25, 2020
Role Number: 200146573
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As a CPU Power Engineer, you'll be responsible for overall dynamic and static power of the core for different applicable use cases. You'll drive CPU power budgeting, measurement, and analysis and provide global power methodologies for reduction across micro-architecture and gate-level design spaces.
- 5+ years of CPU Implementation experience
- Familiarity with high performance microprocessor architecture
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture and implementation techniques
- Design experience in deep submicron technologies and basic device physics
- Experience with scripting in Perl and C is a must
• Drive budgeting, measurement and analysis of overall CPU power for many use cases of interest • Work extensively with Micro-architects, RTL, physical designers, library and technology teams to study and drive power reduction opportunities • Collaborate with Micro-architect, RTL team to define traces/metrics of interest to track power for various use cases • Work with the design implementation team and optimize design operating points and power efficiency • Partner with CAD and drive tools/methodologies for power optimization • Work closely with SOC team to model and optimize CPU contribution of power
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top