CPU Implementation Methodology and Machine Learning
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Role Number: 200156648
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this highly visible role as part of an industry recognized and very innovative CPU design team you will contribute to solving intriguing and key problems in the physical design (PD) and optimization space. With a steadfast focus on improving Power, Performance and Area (PPA) of our industry leading CPU designs, you'll have the opportunity to work with most teams in CPU design and influence SOC teams as well. You will also be actively contributing in new and exciting areas of applying machine and deep learning techniques in silicon design space.
- The ideal candidate should possess a BS or MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering with strong fundamentals in both VLSI design and software development
- Strong fundamentals in high-performance, low-power physical design and implementation techniques (with working knowledge of industry standard synthesis, PnR and STA tools)
- Proficiency in programming and scripting (Python, TCL, Perl) with strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Advanced coursework or hands-on working knowledge of ML / DL tools and frameworks such as Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Good understanding of logic design and electrical engineering fundamentals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
As a Physical Design Optimization and Methodology Engineer with a focus on machine learning, you will own or participate in the following : - Develop Apple internal and drive cutting edge industry PD and optimization tools and flows for best in class PPA (including but not limited to low power and high performance physical design) - Research and develop applications of machine and deep learning techniques in solving key challenges in PD/implementation domain - Work extensively with implementation, RTL, internal and external CAD teams on the development of PD and optimization flows and their adoption in CPU design
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required.
Back to top