CPU Compiler Performance Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 11, 2020
Role Number: 200171313
Do you have a desire to seek out and solve exceedingly difficult challenges rather than the easy ones? Do you thrive on adversity? Do you believe that truly valuable and meaningful accomplishments are the result of pushing the limits of perseverance? Do you believe that a world-class team with relentless drive can surpass even their own high expectations? We do! But we also realize this job isn't for everyone. What we do isn't easy but you don't take the easy path. Apple is seeking a highly motivated and results- oriented compiler performance engineer to join our group that is driving advanced exploration for next generation iPhone, iPad, and Mac CPU architectures!
- You should have experience and knowledge of CPU architecture and micro- architecture concepts.
- Proficiency in C and C++.
- Assembly programming expertise.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Experience in analyzing application performance.
- You will be setting direction. Therefore, you must be comfortable in an environment of uncertainty and be able to work through ambiguities.
- We believe in the power of teams working together, so you must have strong communication, influence, and negotiation skills.
- LLVM compiler experience a plus, but not required.
As a compiler performance engineer on the CPU team, you will act as our liaison with Apple's internal compiler team and help drive the design of the CPU to maximize performance for compiled code, while simultaneously pushing the compiler to help maximize CPU performance. As part of this effort, you will collaborate with experienced CPU designers as well as compiler engineers to advance the frontiers for both fields. Your work will have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Back to top