Corporate Events Staging Supervisor
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200113661
Imagine what you could do here! We believe at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Events team is seeking a Staging Supervisor to coordinate the technical and scenic experience for events and marquee moments. This position will help realize the visions of event designers within constraints of technical possibilities using innovative and best-in-class processes.
- 10+ years' experience in operations, production and maintaining theatrical technical assets.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Versatile in nature, with the ability to flex and balance challenges while maintaining calm attitude.
- Self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to see the big picture, work well under ambiguity and troubleshoot in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Dedicated team player, that remains open to performing in an array of crew and event roles.
- Understand and adheres to Apple's high production values and ethical codes of conduct.
- Remains flexible, and willing to work late nights, mornings and weekends as needed.
- Proficient in lighting, audio, carpentry and artistic design.
- Deep proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks.
Manage the scenic and automation needs of each production as outlined by designs of partners and event stakeholders. Lead and develop the successful implementation of automation and staging design for Apple events. Build working construction drawings that translate each Production Designer's staging ideas into workable plans for the staging crew. Develops a positive relationship with technical stakeholders in supporting the execution of event load-in and load-out. Coordinate event stagehand crew needs from all relevant departments. Ability to influence and advocate for Apple's Events team's needs when meeting with RE&D team, as needed. Build and cultivate relationships with technical partners across Apple as well as the Staging Industry at large. Collaborates to ensure all staging details and schedules are distributed promptly to production partners. Support Events design leads in the implementation of production space requirements and the on-boarding of construction and automation crews. Maintain a live inventory of staging and rigging supplies. Manages and runs preventative maintenance on equipment and gear to ensure it is operating at our standards. Support the permitting process for theatrical equipment deployed at SJT. Ensures Events team adheres to OSHA safety standards.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited institution with field experience.
Back to top