CoreOS Integration Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 16, 2020
Role Number: 200188403
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The CoreOS Integration team is working to take the build, integration, and test process of the low-level components of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS to the next level (think kernel and low-level libraries). We don't have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring, and trying new things. We are responsible for integrating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn't just a theoretical exercise. We won't be satisfied with anything less than outstanding.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Git as well as scripting languages (Python 2/3, Bash), if you are the right person, we don't mind which technology you are used to, as long as you show flexibility
- Always iterating and seeking new ways to automate repetitive tasks
- Comfortable writing code following TDD best practices
- Familiar with highly-scalable distributed systems and parallel workflows
- A deep understanding of branching and software configuration management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, project management, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
As Integration Engineer, you'll oversee the integration process of the Kernel and related components for all of Apple's OS releases. You'll work as part of an agile team that is responsible for coordinating a large number of software changes daily. Our aim is to provide a fast turnaround to all of our stakeholders. You will work hands-on with various tools to raise the bar for the automation of day-to-day operations and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Back to top