Core App Technologies Evangelist, Worldwide Developer Relations
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200182612
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are seeking an App Technologies Evangelist for the Worldwide Developer Relations team. As a member of Apple's Evangelism team, you'll help 3rd-party developers adopt the core system frameworks and APIs underlying the platform experience on Apple devices, including server interactions such as Sign in with Apple, Apple Push Notification service and more. This role offers a unique opportunity to directly impact the architecture and quality of apps and games enjoyed by millions of people every day. You possess a passion for OS-level technologies, have expertise in Swift and Objective-C, and show proven aptitude with iOS and macOS development. You have strong communication and people skills since you'll be presenting in public, collaborating cross-functionally within Apple, and working side by side with developers every day.
- 5+ years applied experience in iOS and macOS development.
- Expertise with Xcode, Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Fundamental knowledge of modern app development, client-server interactions, and optimization.
- Experience with both client-side and server-side Sign in with Apple, Apple Push Notification service and in-app purchase.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a professional and credible demeanor.
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills.
- Dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Highly professional, with proven experience in delivering solid work on tight schedules.
- Motivated, proactive, outgoing, and comfortable working in a loosely structured organization.
- Prepared to travel worldwide.
In this role you will work directly with 3rd-party developers to develop full stack apps and games, encouraging and helping them to use Apple technologies such as Sign in with Apple, Apple Push Notification service and in-app purchase. The Evangelism team consults with leading 3rd-party developers to optimize, modernize, and adopt key Apple technologies. We also lead hands-on programming workshops and labs to assist developers with the adoption of specific macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS technologies. We work with Apple engineering teams to advocate for the requirements of 3rd-party developers, and plan and oversee technical sessions for Apple's annual Worldwide Developer Conference, Tech Talks, and more.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or Software Design Engineering
- This role based in Santa Clara Valley, CA.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top