Controls Design Engineer - SPG
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200118964
Apple's Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking a full-time engineer to join our Controls Engineering group. Candidate will be responsible for development of control and estimation algorithms for complex electromechanical systems.
- Deep knowledge of systems theory and control systems design.
- Deep understanding of classical and modern control methodologies: PID, optimal control (LQR, LQG), etc.
- Deep understanding of state estimation techniques: state observers, Kalman filters, nonlinear state estimation.
- Experience with Model Predictive Control is required.
- Experience with inertial sensing, navigation and surface estimation preferred.
- Experience implementing real-time control systems on embedded platforms.
- Strong proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink is a must.
- Proficiency in C a must. C++ and Python preferred.
- Strong proficiency in modern software development workflows and practices, including version control, build and test systems, and peer review.
We are seeking a highly motivated controls design engineer to lead the development of control and estimation algorithms for complex dynamical systems. Collaborate in highly cross-functional environment and work closely with sensor and actuator design engineers, software engineers, and other control design engineers. Lead control projects from algorithm architecture to design, implementation, tuning, and validation. Define specifications and test suites to tune parameters and compare performance of different algorithms. Work with software team to ensure robust control system implementation on embedded platforms. Work with modeling team to integrate models and algorithms into simulation environment for rapid development and validation.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering, with an emphasis in controls or robotics.
Back to top