Controls Design Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 12, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200171369
Apple's Special Projects Group is seeking a full-time engineer to join our Controls Engineering group. Candidate will be responsible for development of control and estimation algorithms for complex electromechanical systems.
- Deep knowledge of systems theory and control systems design.
- Deep understanding of classical and modern control methodologies: PID, optimal control (LQR, LQG), model-predictive control, etc.
- Deep understanding of state estimation techniques: state observers, Kalman filter, nonlinear state estimation.
- Experience with linear parameter-varying (LPV) systems, optimization, moving horizon estimation, system identification, and adaptive control preferred.
- Experience creating detailed mathematical models for electromechanical systems preferred.
- Experience implementing control systems on embedded microcontroller platforms.
- Proficiency in MathWorks tools: MATLAB/Simulink is a must.
- Proficiency in C/C++ is a must. Python preferred.
- Proficiency in modern software development workflows and practices.
We are seeking a highly motivated controls design engineer to lead the development of control and estimation algorithms for complex dynamical systems. Collaborate in highly cross-functional environment and work closely with sensor and actuator design engineers, software engineers, and other control design engineers. Lead control projects from algorithm architecture to design, implementation, tuning, and validation. Define specifications and test suites to tune parameters and compare performance of different algorithms. Work with software team to ensure robust control system implementation on embedded microcontrollers. Work with modeling team to integrate models and algorithms into simulation environment for rapid development and validation.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering, with an emphasis in controls or robotics.
Back to top