Content Systems Senior Software Engineer, Apple Online Store
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200151433
The Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multi-channel commerce experiences in the world and operates in 30+ countries worldwide. As a member of the AOS engineering team, you will work on complex projects in support of Apple's e-commerce business - helping deliver innovative solutions that will have a positive impact on millions of people each year. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences very quickly. The Publishing Systems team at Apple is responsible for the digital content and asset management systems and solutions in support of AOS's e-commerce business. From our authoring tools and services, to the core content delivery systems, our platform gives people the opportunity to work with a diverse set of technologies. As a senior member of the Content Systems engineering team, you will be in the position to help craft, lead and deliver innovative projects that have huge impact on the overall success of the Apple Online Store.
- In-depth technical understanding and hands-on experience with services at scale.
- Experience in objected-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Struts or other MVC framework, C++, and / or Objective-C), Services Oriented Architecture, and database designs.
- Strong technical leadership skills to design/lead/assist with large scale initiatives implemented by cross-functional teams that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals, principles and recognized industry standards.
- Participate and actively involved in team and organization wide architecture discussions.
- e-Commerce, web content development experience is a plus.
- cloud computing experience dealing with large, scalable, distributed systems and services.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Highly organized, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment, and loves learning new technologies.
The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial senior software engineer to join the Apple Online Store Content Systems team. You will help lead critical initiatives and deliver projects aimed at improving the content publishing and delivery mechanism to deliver best in class merchandising experience at the hugely successful Apple Online Store. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual, who is not afraid to question assumptions, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. This candidate should have 10+ years of experience in delivering advanced solutions for multi-tier, distributed services and web applications. As part of the Apple Online Store Content Systems team, your responsibilities include working closely with publishing groups, other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. You should be passionate about delivering high-quality products and care deeply about product excellence. We expect you to come to Apple to do the best work of your life!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Masters degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, or related field.
Back to top