Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer - Near-Field Object Recognition and 3D Reconstruction
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 2, 2020
Role Number: 200158509
The computer vision algorithm engineer will work in a dynamic team as part of the Video Computer Vision org which develops on-device computer vision and machine perception technologies across Apple's products. We balance research and product to deliver the highest quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with cross-functional teams to influence what brings our vision to life and into customers hands.
- Proven foundation in computer vision; key areas of interest include image segmentation and recognition; 3D computer vision, multiple view geometry, 3D surface reconstruction via passive and active approaches
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and experience with turning machine learning technologies into practical, state-of-the-art systems
- Proven background in C/C++ and at least one other prototyping language such as Python or MATLAB
- Desirable are skills in: Convex optimization, signal processing, bayesian statistics, camera calibration, photogrammetry, and computational imaging
- Proactive, excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
You will develop algorithms to tackle complex computer vision problems that require effective, robust, efficient, well tested, and clean solutions. The ideal candidate will possess the self-motivation, curiosity, and initiative to achieve those goals. Analogously, the candidate is a lifelong learner who passionately seeks to improve themselves and the quality of their work. You will work together with similar minds in a unique development team where your skills and expertise can be used to influence future user experiences and products that will be used by millions.
Education & Experience
A master's degree or higher (or equivalent industry experience) in computer vision, or related fields.
Back to top