Posted: Nov 3, 2020
Role Number: 200204847
The Video Computer Vision organization is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products. Our focus is on ML based solution around real time image and video. We have contributed to the FaceID and FaceKit project in the past and more recently the new LIDAR iPad sensor. We are looking for the right Engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level. In this role, you will work together with similar minds in a unique development team where your skills and expertise will be put into the Apple products. This role is highly multi-functional and you will work very closely with various highly skilled software development / ML teams developing groundbreaking algorithms.
- Multi-view geometry
- SLAM - Simultaneous Localization and Mapping experience
- Traditional ML or deep learning domain knowledge for the above areas is a plus
- Understanding of visual inertial sensor fusion / or general sensor fusion is a plus
- Solid programming skills with c/c++
- Passion on cutting edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
You will create 3D computer vision algorithms to deliver AR/VR experiences that are impactful, meaningful, and influential. We work closely with Apple's best-in-class designers to ensure the products we ship are more than technical demos - they resonate with users at a personal level. In this role you will be working on a wide range of responsibilities: core technology algorithm development in support of future user experiences; communicating with and supporting external teams that use our algorithms; supporting low-level, cross-platform efforts; participating in code reviews; and being a constant advocate within the team for high quality results.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer vision, robotics or machine learning; alternatively a comparable industry career, with significant experience on delivering products using state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies