Computational Display Engineering Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200156716
Do something different! Apple is looking for an elite engineering manager that can help identify and incubate new display technologies in the areas of AR, VR, and computational displays. A successful candidate will not only need to develop new technologies, but also lead a world class team of display experts and educate a broad audience of people at Apple about the technologies benefits and tradeoffs. This position is passionate about the prototyping, development, and product execution of both full displays systems and algorithms for AR/VR applications. The extended team features a diverse engineering roster of experts in optics, human perception, product design, and experimental physics. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self motivated. You need to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- Engineering background in computational optics, image processing, algorithm development, or software engineering
- SOLID FOUNDATION IN 3D GEOMETRY AND LINEAR ALGEBRA
- Background in C++
- STRONG PRESENTATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Strong analytical and critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Lead a team of prototyping and software engineers working on computational display algorithms. IDENTIFY NEW COMPUTATIONAL DISPLAY TECHNOLOGIES FOR AR/VR Effectively communicate the advantages, disadvantage, and risks with cross functional teams
Education & Experience
B.S. M.S. or Ph.D. in Optical Science, Imaging Science, or Computer Science, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in consumer electronics
- Experience in display systems
Back to top