Component Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200168268
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Component Supplier Quality Engineer will develop IC component quality, ranging from passives and discrete to ASICs and MEMS.
- 7+ years in any of the below fields
- Product engineering experience in the in the areas of Micro-controllers, PMICs, Power, Logic and FETs from concept to EOL.
- Wafer Fab operations manufacturing in areas of Process integration, Yield Engineering, Fab Quality, Process engineering
- Assembly/Backend manufacturing experience for WLCSPs, FC technologies, MCPs
- Test engineering experience in areas of ATE hardware and Test program development for Power and Logic devices
- Strong understanding of Component and package qualification tests, requirements.
- Actual experience in driving product qualification and resolving qualification fails is a plus
- Understanding of Infant mortality and intrinsic/extrinsic reliability fails and hands on experience in driving resolution of intrinsic/extrinsic reliability fails.
- Hands on experience in driving closure of multiple quality issues and excursions in current or previous roles
- Strong knowledge and regular usage of data analysis tools with hands on experience with data analysis tools such as Minitab, JMP, Spotfire, Optimal Plus, Tableau, R etc.
- Experience with system level engineering is a plus
- Knowledge of circuit design tools and methodologies is a plus.
As our Component Supplier Quality Engineer, primary responsibilities include: • Conduct quality assessments, up to and including semiconductor vendor/CM sites audit. • Perform statistical analysis to determine responsibility for components that do not meet required specifications. • Be involved in determination of quality and reliability requirements of components to help define Apple's current line of extraordinary products. • Responsible for driving vendor resolution of Silicon, Package and Test related quality excursions, material containment, failure analysis, and corrective actions. • Responsible for creating scalable reports of Vendor issues that will be presented to Leadership team • Supporting vendors component qualification, manufacturing quality systems and methods, PCN control, Material Review Board for lot disposition, and Audits • Demonstrate strength in technical and analytical problem solving skills for Silicon, Package and Test related quality issues • Support internal engineering and management teams in component and test related failure analysis and defining corrective actions • Develop analytical tools and quality screens to assure the early identification of potential problems with new components • Building and maintaining a failure analysis workflow including CM's, vendors, and internal teams • Driving 8D reports at Vendors, with emphasis on correct analysis, a clear root cause and a well defined corrective action • Travel required: 25% - 30% (local and international)
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top