Commodity Analyst, Operations Finance
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 19, 2020
Role Number: 200158741
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You'll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is important to upholding our dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for crafting the company's future. Join us, and you'll have a significant role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. At Apple, you'll share in a commitment to perfection by working with world-class managers, all with one unified vision - creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about "fueling innovation". We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, partnership, excellence, and can-do thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
- We are looking for a Financial Analyst with a passion for data visualization--
- 5+ years related finance/accounting with data visualization experience
- Passion for data visualization and information design (proficiency in Tableau preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL, Filemaker, R, Python, SAS, SAP BPC, etc. a plus
- Capable of clearly communicating complex analyses to a non-technical audience, including extensive experience presenting to leadership groups
- Ability to initiate, refine, and complete projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and see the 'bigger picture'
- Critical thinking: able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Preparation of key commodity forecasts used in monthly purchase price variance forecast and gross margin analysis
- Provide support and guidance to operations personnel as issues arise related to the supply chain or business processes
- Reconciliation of actual costs to forecasted costs for key commodities supply chain analysis for key commodities to identify major drivers in cost changes for key commodities
- Reconciliation and analysis of Apple supply chain data to contract manufacturer and supplier data
- Preparation of quarter end accounting entries necessary for accurately representing the cost of key commodities in the financial statements
- Other ad hoc requests related to the supply chain business process reengineering
- Effectively handle ambiguity and uncertainty
- Strong drive for excellence
- Proven knowledge of Excel
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Operations and Supply Chain Finance experience a plus
- System automation projects a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Analytical/problem-solving skills at macro and micro level
- Detail oriented
- Insatiable thirst for knowledge
The Worldwide Procurement Finance group creates and provides analytical support for critical cost data, including standard costs, forecasted costs, and actual costs for Apple. Within the Worldwide Procurement group, this position reports to the Manager of Commodity Financial Management. Ability to work with minimal direct supervision while performing a variety of complex and non-routine tasks.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field of study preferred.
Back to top