Cocoa - 2D Graphics & Imaging Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200181451
Are you eager to learn, grow, and make an impact? We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer with strong technical and programming skills. Join Apple's Cocoa 2D Graphics team and work with us on core technologies for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Our team is responsible for system level frameworks including CoreGraphics, ColorSync, PDFKit, ImageIO, ImageCapture and much more. The work we do for the next few years will shape the customer experience on all Apple platforms. If you are self motivated, independent and proactive, you are the ideal candidate!
- If you have any four of these qualities, you're a great fit for our team!
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages C, C++ and/or ObjC
- Experience with operating systems level engineering
- Good knowledge of the PDF file format
- Sound understanding of graphics APIs
- Reliable familiarity with CoreGraphics, AppKit and UIKit APIs
- Knowledge of font formats a major plus
As Cocoa 2D Graphics and Imaging Engineer, you will work on PDFKit and related frameworks and have the opportunity to build and evolve the Objective-C and Swift APIs, which application developers use, to display and manipulate PDF documents. You will add new features to PDFKit, diagnose and fix complex problems, and provide advice to internal and external clients about standard methodologies when using the framework. You will collaborate with many other teams to deliver quality improvements and performance enhancements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- - Knowledge of ARM or x86 assembly code and optimization
- - Proven track record shipping outstanding software products
- - Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
Back to top