Chip Level PD CAD Software Developer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 21, 2020
Role Number: 200116319
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and support of hierarchical physical design CAD tools. You will work closely with physical design teams, CAD teams, and EDA vendors. Good communication and interpersonal skill are required.
- We typically require 10+ years of experience in development of CAD tools & flows for complex high performance low power ASIC
- Extensive experience in the development of complex CAD algorithms to achieve highly optimized designs. Expertise in P&R data modeling is must: flat, hierarchical, logical, physical
- Proven track record in object oriented software development: initial concept, architecture, implementation, deployment, support, regression testing, and consideration for ease of support and extensibility
- Strong programming background in Tcl, Python, or Perl is required. You should be familiar with source code control and software QA and release.
- Familiar with chip level physical design concepts
- We are looking for self-motivated, proactive problem solvers. Strong interpersonal/ communication skills are must
- Technical leadership experience is desired
In this exciting role on our team, you will: - Provide innovative solutions to improve the quality of physical design above and beyond the features of industry CAD tools - Architect, design, and implement PD CAD solutions that are optimal for design teams, efficient to run, and easy for CAD to support - Provide documentation, training and new-user-support to the design community - Diagnose, resolve, and regress reported problems for multiple projects/sites - Integrate CAD tools into larger infrastructure and easy to use design flows
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS or equivalent
Back to top