Cellular Systems Architect - Wireless Platform Integration
Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200101535
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join us to help deliver our next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of the Platform Architecture team acting as the Cellular Systems Architect in product development projects.
- 10+years of relevant experience
- Expertise in cellular chipset architecture (i.e., details of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers and power management units)
- Expertise in system integration (i.e, high-bandwidth host interfaces, platform operational modes, RF front-end control and power management)
- Deep understanding of cellular radio access standards (including but not limited to LTE, UMTS, GSM) and their implications on cellular chipset architectures and on the modes of operation of a chipset
- Understanding of performance modeling for cellular system-level use cases, particularly for power management architectures and optimization approaches
- You are a self starter with strong analytical and communication skills
You will develop & document the cellular product architecture. Analyze, model, and track cellular HW requirements & performance targets in product projects. Drive internal and external cross-functional teams to ensure consistency of chipset architecture with modem system requirements, such as RF performance, system control architecture, HW / SW interface architectures and longer term technology roadmaps. Also, drive internal and external cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle on driving system level issues to resolution.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required; MS/PhD is preferred.
Back to top