Cellular Systems Architect - Platform Architecture
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 6, 2021
Role Number: 200206755
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join our Wireless Architecture team! In this role, you will a key member to help define the cellular features and technologies our future devices will need to support. Mobile internet access through cellular technologies has made always-connected devices ubiquitous. We keep pushing the boundaries and bring new experiences to our customers. We continuously try to understand and find out which new cellular features will benefit our customers' experience. We work cross-functionally to identify new features and assess their impact as well as their customer added value."
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise with cellular chipset architectures (such as details of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers, and power management units), including aspects of system integration.
- Deep understanding of cellular radio access standards (including but not limited to 5G NR, LTE)
- Understanding of cellular modem performance metrics and power optimization approaches
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a cross-functional organization
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation.
In this role, you will be a key member of the Platform Architecture team acting as the Cellular Systems Architect in product development projects. - Develop & document the cellular product architecture - Analyze, model, and track cellular HW requirements & performance targets in product projects - Assess wireless features with respect to product and user experience impact - Assess features competitiveness and analyze their impact on the product KPIs - Drive cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle on resolving system level issues
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required; MS/PhD is preferred.
Back to top