Cellular Standards System Engineer
Posted: Jul 9, 2019
Role Number: 200034005
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to join our Wireless Architecture team? As a Cellular Standards System Engineer, you will be a key member of Apple's Hardware Technologies Team tasked with driving practical wireless system innovation into the cellular standard and next generation wireless products.
- We want you to have 5+ years of relevant experience in cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5GNR) with in depth knowledge of system level evaluation of algorithms and network features.
- Practical experience developing system level simulation platforms to quantify network performance across a variety of deployment scenarios and radio access technology system parameters will set you up for success.
- Experience with RAT coexistence simulation methodology and RF impairment modeling would be a plus.
- Deep understanding of digital communications theory and cellular network design principles and understanding of antenna array theory would be helpful.
- Strong analytical & communication skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment are critical.
- Strong technical writing skills are a bonus.
- Programming language knowledge, such as Matlab, C++, is required.
In this role, you will be part of a forward-looking team which drives innovation and technical contributions in 3GPP. As an individual contributor, you will work closely with the RF Design, Antenna, and regulatory teams to develop a network performance evaluation platform (including modeling of RF impairments, practical deployments and parameters, and RAT coexistence scenarios) and to drive practical and product-focused innovation into the standard. There will be occasional travel, including international.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering is required, Ph.D. with focus on digital communications is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top