Cellular RF Firmware Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Role Number: 200166860
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of a world class RF transceiver team, you'll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. Join us and help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations! In this role, you will develop the embedded systems for cellular RF transceivers and radio systems. You will work on the design, implementation as well as verification for our real-time control firmware with all aspects of embedded software development. This position requires a close collaboration with our system engineers, hardware developers, and system verification/integration engineers.
- Excellent skills in low-level programming expertise using C++, C and assembler, embedded systems proficiency, 32-bit micro-controllers ISR, real time processing, limited and shared resources.
- Strong skills in computer architecture, HW/SW co-verification, debugging using RTL simulation and SystemC environments as well as target HW.
- Experience with control of RF transceiver and RF front end components for 4G/5G data path processing.
- Sound knowledge of communication theory, Wireless standards, Radio architecture and Interfaces.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Proficiency with debugging in embedded software systems and familiarity with JTAG and ETM Trace tools.
• Specify, design, and implement the RF firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. • Design, develop and optimize the RF processing algorithms pertaining to transceiver, RF front end, antenna tuners and other RF components in a cellular system. • Implement RF device drivers and control software for RF transceivers and front end components with precise timing requirements. • Work with RF silicon designers to define RF transceiver architecture and supporting software computing requirements. • Work with systems and IC designers to optimize power optimization for all RF circuitry in the cellular system. • Work with cross functional teams to manage dependencies while driving the key Radio features. • Verification of implemented firmware as well as investigations of critical RF issues in a cross-functional HW/FW working environment.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required, MSEE/PhD preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top