Posted: Sep 25, 2021
Role Number: 200208434
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we rely on the diversity of people and their ideas to inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join us to become part of the force that helps us transform how we live. Start doing the best work of your life, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The iPhone Capacity Planning team is a high impact and well valued team. From capital equipment planning, business allocation, production line planning to labor planning, the outcome of this team's work influences key inputs for multi-billion dollar budgets and navigates complex operational challenges by working closely with supply demand planning, operation/technical program management, CapEx management, quality, infrastructure, AppleCare, procurement and our contract manufacturing partners. On a day to day basis the team plays a meaningful role in defining and leading strategic and operational priorities as well as improvements across the iPhone and Core Technologies organization. The ideal candidate will help us to go further into the areas of deep data analytics and operations research in order to drive decision support.
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations, or Logistics,
- Experience planning supply chain and operational structures in complex and dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience in complex data modeling, simulation and optimization.
- Experience in developing solutions for open ended projects with multi-cross
- functional teams, preferably in the context of factory operations
- Experience with data acquisition tools, large datasets and data mining
- Experience in relevant coding languages: C/C++, R, or Python
- Solid understanding of optimization tools such as: CPLEX, AMPL, Gurobi or FICO Xpress.
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling
- Self-sufficient with an ability to excel in an environment of autonomy amidst ambiguity. Identify areas within operations that would benefit from your analysis and feedback.
- Strong communication and analytical skills - adept at messaging domain and technical content, at a level appropriate for the audience.
• Tackle complex business challenges through applied analytics • Craft supply chain models and methodologies to help drive strategic and tactical decisions • Collaborate closely with other Operations business partners, research colleagues and IT groups to incorporate tradeoffs within models • Take an active role in communication recommendations to senior management • Build close relationships with business partners and influence tactfully in a matrix organization • International travel required 10-15%
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or a related field. Masters or equivalent preferred.