Camera Validation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 30, 2019
Role Number: 200107792
Summary The Camera Systems Engineering Group develops technologies to improve and provide new camera hardware, systems and customer-facing features for emerging Apple products. We are responsible for systems-level analysis, end-to-end system simulations and documentation of camera system requirements. The activity spans early stage concept definition, technology benchmarking, and prototyping to feeding those concepts into volume manufacturing. The team is the direct link between HW and SW algorithm team and defines system specification. In this role, the team is seeking an outstanding characterization engineer focusing on end-to-end validation analysis, as well as test and benchmark of depth systems and technologies.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Fundamental knowledge of camera systems
- Fundamental knowledge of depth systems: Key metrics, fundamentals of operation, etc.
- Expertise in computer vision and image processing
- Experience and capability to develop new techniques for depth system validation and component validation (lasers, projector, etc)
- Coding, algorithm, and math skills.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Good communication and ease with communicating across cross-functional teams
The ideal candidate is passionate about imaging and computer vision. The daily work includes data collection and test automation in the lab. The candidate needs to be ambitious and work independently. The role requires distinct analytical skills and a doer attitude. The candidate will finally contribute to the overall camera technology roadmap, evaluating new concepts and emerging product development including design and optimization of technologies.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in physics, computer science, optics, image science, electrical engineering, or related field.
Back to top